Saturday, December 31, 2016

Date with D

We all know what a stellar time I had when I on-line dated last year. But at the recommendation of one of my favorite brothers, I got on the app Mutual. (I'm pretty sure it's a Mormon app, even though it doesn't say that.)

Anyways, I got on it and swiped up or down depending on who I liked and D and I matched. He lives in Vegas and was in Houston for work and thought "I'll just give it a try and see who I meet." Lucky him!! :)

We exchanged messages that night and then began to text the next day. He mentioned he had his 11 year old son with him (it's Christmas break, the kid flies for free on his buddy pass and so why not?!). He asked if it would be OK if he came along. I'm cool so I said yes and suggested we meet the next night (Thursday) at Jus Mac on Yale. (It's MACARONI and CHEESE HEAVEN and SO YUMMY!! You should go! I'd go right now if I didn't have my comfy pants on already! I might do Chick-Fil-A for dinner since I got a few gift cards for Christmas. Does my family get me or what!?!?)

As it turned out that Wednesday night, we both were at the Galleria! I was there with my beautiful bestie, Tiffany, her handsome hubby, Cameron, and their freaking adorable 3 children! He was there with his son ice skating. Crazy!

Anyways, we met up at Jus Mac at 7pm ish (Someone was running a few minutes late..I'll let you figure you who it was.) They both asked me what my favorite dish was.....HELLO ITS MAC and CHEESE!!!! I got the cheeseburger macaroni and cheese. His son, S, got the regular mac and cheese and D got the BBQ mac and cheese. 

His cute and talkative son took up most of the conversation (he even told me that he has a crush on a girl named K in his class!) I may or may not have given S my phone so he could snapchat away so D and I could talk. "Christi, look at this one! And this one!" It was cute!! S even made sure I had facetime so he and I can facetime! LOL!

The 3 of us shut Jus Mac down (ok it closed at 9pm whatever) and overall I had a great time. I would have liked to have talked to D more, but it is what it is. At least I know his kid liked me!!! :) D and I haven't really made any plans to see each other again, but we have been texting everyday. So who knows, I'd like to see him again (one on one) to see if he and I had a spark (especially since his son, S, and I are BFF)

I guess only time will tell. Until then, I am still kissing frogs....





No comments:

Post a Comment