Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Single for Life

Recently I had the opportunity to help someone get through a tough break up. I truly felt for them as they tried and continue to try to navigate single waters again. Heartbreak SUCKS!!!

On my drive home today, I had the feeling that I might not ever get married. (I don't say this for pity or whatever so please don't text or message me saying "yes you will") I've said for a long time that I'm lucky to be the cool aunt that lives in the city, knows all the cool places to eat and goes on fun adventures. And for the most part, I think I am. I feel pretty blessed to have been on some crazy adventures thus far. (I really want to hang glide next!)

But not getting married and not having kids isn't all that bad. I have 2 adorable nieces of my own and about a dozen adopted nieces and nephews thanks to some amazing friends!!! 

Ya know, I really thought that I was done with dating. I thought He was the one. I waited 10 years for a chance and when it finally came, all I got was a few months. That's been the hardest thing to accept....feeling short changed. Nothing I can do about it now, not that I even want to change anything. Are there things I wish I had done differently? Absolutely! Things I should of said/not said....but now I know. I know that we just weren't a fit and that I needed to date him to see it. "The one that got away" is no more. Yeah it still hurts when certain songs come on the radio, or I hear jokes and think of all kinds of stuff to tell him. But that's just the way it is. 

So here we are back to me never getting married. Besides it takes A LOT to get my attention and even more to keep it. And I get bored easy. (I mean we have met me and are familiar with my dating history!) Will I go out if asked? Sure. But I'm just not looking for anything. There is a meme that says "I'm awesome and you will have to freaking amazing to change that!" However, I'm not looking for anyone to change that. I like that I can come and go as I please. I can eat all the carbs I want to! I can have fast food every meal......yeah I know! I do that already! I don't have to check in with anyone, except my mom and I can do whatever I want to. Not to shabby for Christi! (However an extra income would be nice!)

So there it is...for now I am just going to hang out and continue being awesome! 

Until then, I am still kissing frogs.......



No comments:

Post a Comment